We provide expert ear wax removal services.
We are an independent partnership of medical practitioners offering ear assessment, treatment and wax removal across the South West.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
Rapid Assessment & follow up Care
Equipped with the best equipment
Comfortable certified medical environments
Experts & experienced in all ear types
Earwax removal, clearance, & assesment services
Clearance of wax – £55 (If no wax found – £25)
We take a history and examine your ears, clearing wax and any debris from your ear canal. We feed back to you and provide written confirmation of treatment, any recommendations and follow up. We can pass details to your own doctor.
- We use a specialised ear microscope to perform micro-suction. This is the ‘gold standard’ technique to remove wax and debris from the ear. This is the same service you would receive if you were referred to a hospital.
- We do not use inferior techniques such as head lights or syringing with fluid
- Typically, appointments last between 20 and 30 minutes
- Appointments start with a short history
- Wax removal is performed by an experienced specialist ear, nose and throat (ENT) nurse
- We can treat complex ears including where previous surgery has been performed
- Any issues or challenges can be addressed by an ENT consultant surgeon
- Micro-suction can be performed by a consultant ENT surgeon if you would prefer
- Find out about any risks here
Expert consultants who specialise in ear care
Mrs Kay Kulkarni
DipHE in Nursing, BSc (Hons) Health Studies, Primary Ear Care Diploma, Independent Nurse Prescriber.
Kay qualified as a registered nurse from the University of Plymouth in 2001. She has also attained a Diploma in Ear Care through Rotherham Primary Ear Care Centre. Kay was responsible for setting up the first ever NHS Community Microsuction Clinic in Devon in 2010. More recently she has been working at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Ear Care, treating patients with complex ear conditions.
Maria qualified as a registered nurse in 2014 and she has been been working since then in the ENT Department at the Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Trust. Maria completed her Masters in Advanced Clinical Practice in 2022. She has been undertaking microsuction since 2019 and has developed expertise in acute and chronic ear conditions.
Kate completed her training at the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery at King’s College London in 2013, including a scholarship programme at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Having completed an Acute Medical rotation at King’s College Hospital she moved to the General Intensive Care unit at St.George’s Hospital, London. Kate has over 2 years of microsuction experience and has completed her National Diploma in Primary Ear Care at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust. She is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and Royal College of Nursing.
Book an appointment
St. Leonard medical practice, Exeter or Kingskerswell Health centre, Newton Abbott.
Preparation for appointment
Ideally, we would like you to use a wax softening drop such as olive oil for three days prior to your appointment.
Excellent Reviews from satisfied customers